Melissa called our hotline on a Saturday morning after being assaulted by her partner the night before. They had been homeless for several months along with 2 children. Both she and her partner were active Meth addicts. Stability was not in the immediate future for this family. I picked her up from a friendís apartment and he was waiting outside to keep her intimidated .... more...
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO STAY SAFE
Domestic violence is never right. Here is a little information to help you determine if you are already in an abusive relationship and what to do if you are.
If you need immediate help, please use our Contact page.
Also, check out Domestic Violence Resources on the web: Domestic Violence Resources
- Believe that you have the right respectful, non-threatening behavior from your partner.
- Believe that you have the right to say no!
- Ask yourself if you are afraid of a partner's anger - if the answer is yes, you are not safe.
YOU ARE ALREADY IN AN ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP IF:
- Your partner is extremely jealous.
- Your partner gets angry very fast, very violently and very often.
- Your partner breaks things or punches walls.
- Your partner forces you to perform sexual acts against your will.
- Your partner attempts to control your life, where you live, how you spend your time, how you dress, whom you see and how you spend your money.
- Your partner has a Jekyl-and-Hyde personality.
- Your partner displays cruelty to people and animals and refuses to consider your feelings.