Responsible to: Executive Director and Program Manager
Function: This individual provides advocate services, educational information, program development and program facilitation about domestic violence and sexual assault to youth and their families of Yamhill County. Additionally, this position provides preventative sexual assault and domestic violence information and intervention specifically to school aged youth groups in Yamhill County. This position will represent the agency to other agencies, committees, task forces, etc. as needed.
Status: Full Time, Regular Non-Exempt, 37.5 hours
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Development and facilitation of school aged teens and other community education presentations in and outside of the agency. Will perform support group facilitation and providevolunteer training sessions as needed.
2) Will represent the agency to other agencies, committees, task forces, etc. locally, and regionally, when assigned. May be assigned to an off-site location as needed and will determine plan and action for providing services to the area.
3) Must be able to utilize guidelines as well as knowledge and judgment when determining eligibility for agency services. Brings clients into the shelter and performs the intake process.
4) Must be able to observe and recognize child abuse/neglect issues and report to the Director.
5) Gathers, assembles, and analyzes information and data from a wide variety of sources. Types and works within agency document formatting standards for general correspondences, reports, agendas, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar, punctuation and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
6) Provides referral to crisis counseling, provides safety planning, case management, transportation of agency clients to appointments.
7) Answers crisis line, complete crisis phone screen and determines eligibility for shelter or other agency services. Willingness to receive phone calls at home.
8) As a staff member performs the shared responsibilities of attending meetings, receiving internal and external training, offering and receiving supportive feedback, is the liaison between staff/volunteers and clients, shares information related to community resources, housing, and employment for clients, and helps to maintain a clean and orderly shelter and office space.
9) Must be able to be on call on weekends and holidays on a rotating basis with other employees.
10) Schedules own appointments and meetings.
11) Determines workload priorities based on agency needs.
12) Must not pose a risk to self or others.
13) Maintains acceptable dependability level.
14) Demonstrates appropriate conduct.
For more information and/or to see if you qualify please connect with Henderson House-
Youth Outreach Advocate
Providing culturally aware outreach, education and services, for victims of domestic and sexual violence through leadership, hope and respect for thriving families.
Current open position: