Domestic Violence/ Sexual Assault Relief Advocate
Volunteer DV/SA Relief Advocates works inter-dependently with all Staff and Staff Advocates, within a safe learning environment, to provide emotional support and advocacy services to sexual and domestic violence clients, including but not limited to, crisis intervention, safety planning, support groups and resource referrals to the families and children of Yamhill County, Oregon in a culturally responsive manner.
Volunteer Job/ Internship Candidate Requirements:
- Must have an approved College Internship or currently enrolled as a DHS JOBS Plus Participant
- Completion of 40-hour Core DV/SA Advocacy Training to become a “Certified Advocate”.
- Previous experience or shadowing experience providing advocacy recommended but not required.
- General understanding of domestic and sexual violence, oppression and related issues.
- Familiarity with social service agencies, other agencies, and community organizations throughout Yamhill County and Oregon.
- Working towards minimum GED.
- Completes Crisis Phone Line Training and Role Play within 30 days of start date.