The Donations Specialist organizes and maintains incoming and existing donations received by Henderson House donors, such as clothing, shoes, household items, toys, hygiene products, bedding and other miscellaneous goods. The Donations Specialist’s duties include:
- Following agency policies
- Assuring immediate and continued safety and confidentiality of all HH clients
- Dividing donations by type and performs quality assessment
- Appraises and makes decisions regarding suitability and usefulness of donations
- Discards soiled, stained, unusable items and sets aside items which are appropriate for recycling
- Places and displays donations in organized manner in donations area for clients or Henderson House basement.
- Maintains clean work areas by keeping walkways clear, sweeping and dusting/cleaning shelves as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned